Rainbow Honey: 20% Cooler

Hi! I'm mich and I'm 23 years old and I love watching animated cartoons. :i Disney cartoons, Looney Tunes, Ninja Turtles... you name it, I've probably watched it some time in my lifetime. Although I have less time for them now, I still squeeze out some time to catch animated movies (Despicable Me, How to Train Your Dragon, etc) and some of the more popular animated TV series like... My Little Pony!

So, you can imagine how excited I was when I realized that Rainbow Honey has a collection based on MLP - The Equestria Collection. It promptly went on my to-buy list but I never got around to saving enough to buy them all (don't blame me, I'm still unemployed atm). But one day... one day, I will get them all! *pinkie promise* ;)

Meanwhile, I have one of my favorites from the collection to share with you:


20% Cooler. 1 coat over Zoya Kirsten.
A sheer blue polish loaded with electric blue shimmer and an explosion of rainbow glitters! :rainbow
"It needs to be about 20% cooler."
— Rainbow Dash in "Suited for Success"
Yup, this is based on none other than the coolest and most awesome pony in Equestria, Rainbow Dash! After watching all the MLP episodes, I must confess that Rainbow Dash is one of my favorite ponies from the show. She is just so much fun and never fails to have me in stitches!

20% cooler is simply perfect for Rainbow Dash. Not only does it have all the colors that's on Rainbow Dash, it is also a party in a bottle! And because it has a sheer base, you can layer it over any color and make it approximately 20% cooler. I chose to layer it over blue this time because that's Rainbow Dash's color but really, you can layer it over anything to add a dash of fun to your manicure!

Just look at that shimmer! :o
And, you know me, every time I see a multi-colored glitter, I just have to matte it:

Ohhh yea! <3
Application is surprisingly easy for a glitter bomb like this. The formula is smooth and the glitters needed no fishing (from the bottle) or dabbing (on the nail). Although I really love the mini bottle (7ml), I have to admit that the brush is a little short and I fear the bottle cap would ruin my nails if I weren't careful. It never did of course so I may have worried too much.

All in all, I must say that Rainbow Honey is really another upcoming brand to look out for. Apart from the polishes, I also love their packaging and the inspirations behind their collections (my most recent obsession being their Yokai Collection). So, wish me luck saving up for more RHs! :P

You can check out more Rainbow Honey-s on their website. You can also get your hands on Rainbow Honey polishes from our local stockist, Mei Mei Signatures, or Shoppe Eclectico (on clearance).

xoxo,
mich

**Product was provided for our honest review. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.**

13 comments:

  1. I'm starting to feel I got a bad bottle of this.....along with all the other colors from this collection I purchased. My bottle is crazy thick, and has *too much* glitter in it, makes it impossible to apply. And looking at your bottle vs the bottle I got, its obvious the difference. Makes me sad, but I'm glad you got a good bottle! And yeah, the mini bottles suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for referance, my bottle is too packed with glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna @ GoingtotheShowingOctober 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

    So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That looks like a glitter bomb D:
    Maybe you can try thinning it or you can contact them to see if there's anything they can do for you? ><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! :D I have this, too but have yet to use it in a manicure. Hmm, maybe next time. I agree with you, though, the brush is too short for the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh I am in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should try it soon if you love some rainbow glitters! They always cheer me up :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. heehee I'm glad you like it too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this polish so ridiculously much--it's just beautimous! It's also been on my "get this NAO!" list forever, and I keep forgetting. Need to rectify that ASAP! I also need to get my hands on some eps of My Little Pony. It sounds like something I would love. And that my husband would secretly love too but be able to pass off as watching for my benefit. (^_-)

    Oh, and PS? When I scrolled down and saw it matte? I literally gave a little shiver. I definitely need this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I think you need it!! ;D
    I enjoyed watching MLP - much more than I would like to admit lol!! I think you (and your husband) will like it too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories